Friday, June 19, 2015

Father's Day Card by Tonya Gibbs


Hi everyone, Tonya here today - with Father's Day around the corner, I thought it would be fun to create a mixed media card for my Dad using some of the awesome products from Limor Webber Designs.    Today's feature is going to be Limor's Industrial Chic Collection from Lindy's Stamp Gang, and her new stamps from IndigoBlu - A6 Splattered  Heart Stamp, and the Limor Circles.  All of the products will be linked up at the end of this post for your convenience. 


Limor's Signature Industrial Chic Collection from Lindy's Stamp Gang
In today's Post we are going to use the Rusty Lantern Lime, and Time Travel Teal.



Grunge is always a great way to start out a masculine card.  So I decided to stamp the
A6 Splatter Heart Stamp with Versa Ink and heat emboss it in white.  The white will stand out against the darker elements on my card, and the melted embossing powder will give the card texture, and resist the liquid sprays. 




Just look at all the yummy texture!     I used the IndigoBlu Limor's Circles Stamp with the screen pattern to add additional interest to my card backing and embellishments.    Tim Holtz' Ephemera Pack - Expedition is where I found the "Special Delivery Sign" and the pointing finger.    



I have been inspired by Sherry's previous posts to use my Magicals from Lindy's Stamp Gang.  On the clock you can see where I used the "Coco Bean Copper" Magicals with Gel Medium from Faber-Castell Design Memory Craft® to create a thick paste.  Then dabbed it onto the Prima Wood Veneer Clock Face to make it look like corroded metal.  LOVE this effect.   Thanks Sherry for the Inspiration.  

No project is complete without splatters of black ink, right?  So I used a long bristled liner brush with India Ink  to add them, and to write the word DAD. 

Here is a process video showing how this card came together. 




And here is a glimpse at my finished card. Isn't it amazingly grungy?  I think my hands may be permanently stained with Lindy's Stamp Gang -  but that's all part of the fun!   



Thanks for hanging out with me today, I hope you have enjoyed this tutorial, and have been inspired to create a masculine card with these amazing products. 


Tonya 

Supplies




4 comments:

  1. This was so awesome. I love it. SO many little touches and they had a big effect. Thanks for sharing. I can't wait for your next project.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Omgoodness. This is absolutely fabulous!!!!! Thanks for the video. You make Lindys shine!! Industrial Chic Rocks!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such an amazing card!!!! I loved the video!! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous card!! Loved watching the video! TFS xx

    ReplyDelete