Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Gone Fishing

I was digging through my box of photos and found these hilarious photos of my husband getting ready to fish on our anniversary weekend away.  He was being very silly and posing for me so it's only fair I get to scrapbook them right?... good I'm glad you all agree.
I decided to use the Rustic Collection by FabScraps to create this 12x12 layout and at the bottom of the photos there will be some guidance for you as to how I created the layout and some of the embellishments.





FABSCRAPS MATERIALS USED:
C48 001
C48 002
C48 004
C48 006
C48 008
ST48 001
MC48 001 Die Cut Journal Book
DC48 008 Wood Tress
DC48 021 Gone Fishing - word


To Start: Gather your Chipboard Pieces
  1. Use some glue on the one side of the trees and glue onto paper C48 002 ( green patterned paper) - using a craft knife, cut around edges.
  2. Using Versamark Pen - Versamark fishing rod in the Gone Fishing sign and pour embossing powder ( Heat Set) - Repeat steps for the rest of the sign.

Designing the Layout

  1. Take your photos and mat them onto C48 006 and cut around the edges leaving a 1/4 inch of edging.  With your third photo ( as your focus photo) mat it onto C48 004 to give it more of a "pop"
  2. C 48 002 - Cut 1 inch off of each side of the paper - Ink edges with Distress ink ( Frayed Burlap) and place onto C48 004
  3. Cut one large strips one from paper C48 008 and using a border punch, punch one of the sides and place half way under photos so fancy border is sticking out (ink Edges)
  4. Using a journaling tag follow the same steps as step #3.
  5. It's now time to start embellishing your layout.  I scrunched up the sun dial - un-scrunched it and inked it with Distress ink ( place on page as per picture)
  6. Staple the two fish tickets by one of the photos using the Tim Holtz Tiny attacher ( ink edges of tickets before stapling)
  7. Taking one of the Journaling tags I folded it in half, stuck a foam pad in between folded halves for some volume and used more foam dots to place down onto page.
  8. Using a Prima branch, I cut it in half and placed it on page to create a border using my Pine trees as my anchor.
  9. Place the foot prints from the sticker sheets on layout as desired.
  10. The last piece is using some die cut leaves and branches to fill in any areas that are bare ( inking all edges with Frayed Burlap)

Thank you for stopping by!

LIMOR WEBBER


1 comment: